Public Open Day
Sapphire Wind Farm Public Open Day 2018
The “National Wind Farm Open Day” has been developed by the Clean Energy Council and the Australian Wind Alliance. On Sunday 21st October 2018, Sapphire Wind Farm will be one of ten Wind Farms opening to showcase their facilities to the general public.
Sapphire Wind Farm will celebrate the day by providing coach tours of the Wind Farm and holding a family fun day at Victoria Park, Inverell. Coaches will depart Victoria Park from 7:30am running every 30 minutes, with the last bus leaving Inverell at 3:30pm.
The tour which takes 3 hours will take you along the Gwydir Highway onto Waterloo Road, past the all new TransGrid Substation and up to one of 4 Wind Turbines which will be made available on the day. Visitors will then depart the bus and have 15 – 20 minutes for viewing and photo opportunities. Sapphire Wind Farm will have Construction, Service and Operational Staff on hand to answer any questions you may have. You will enjoy some spectacular scenery on this special tour.
There will be lots of family friendly activities on offer at Victoria Park. There’ll be a free jumping castle and face painting for the kids, CWP Renewables and its Consortium Partners Zenviron and Vestas together with TransGrid will be exhibiting on the day. Food and beverages will also be available to purchase throughout the event.
- We advise visitors planning on taking the tour to arrive early.
- Due to safety requirements you must wear enclosed flat shoes on the day.
- Please wear a long sleeve shirt and long pants.
- Slip, slop, slap on the day. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen will keep you comfortable.
- Bring your camera/video camera (note: NO drones permitted).
Join in the festivities at Victoria Park, Inverell
We will have the following activities and more available onsite:
Lawrence Street will be partially closed.
Buses will arrive and depart from River Street.
There will limited parking but we will have a small team on hand to assist with parking and crowd control.
Parking areas immediate to the event include:
Other close parking options include Wood Street and Ross Street
Steps to taking the tour on Open Day
- Coach Tours of the Wind Farm will be departing from Victoria Park, Rivers Street side, Inverell.
- When you arrive at Victoria Park make your way to the Registration Desk and sign on to the register.
- Before you board the Coach, one of the Sapphire Wind Farm Team will complete a safety induction with you then you will promptly board and the coach and depart for the Wind Farm.
- We aim to be able to put you on a coach within around 30 minutes of registering. There may be a small delay on the day pending crowds but we are planning on a 3 coaches leaving Victoria Park every 30 minutes.
All Private Vehicles arriving at Sapphire Wind Farm will be turned away by Security
The only way to access the Wind Farm is by the Coach Tours
If you would like to download and display our event poster please click here